Organic Virgin Coconut Oil from Sri Lanka is the World’s Most Sought After
Welcome to the world of virgin coconut oil, where Sri Lanka has made a name for itself by producing some of the best quality oil in the world. At Goodfolks, we are proud to offer you this premium product, sourced from Sri Lanka’s lush coconut groves, with a rich history of cultivation dating back thousands of years.
Coconut cultivation is an important industry in Sri Lanka, and the Sri Lanka Coconut Development Authority (CDA) plays a vital role in promoting and regulating the industry. Established in 1971, the CDA is responsible for developing and implementing policies and programs aimed at improving the quality and productivity of coconut cultivation in Sri Lanka. The CDA also provides support to coconut farmers and promotes the export of coconut-based products. Our virgin coconut oil is rated 5 stars by the CDA, a testament to its high quality and purity.
Our oil is made from fresh coconuts, handpicked from the lush coconut groves of Sri Lanka. We take great care in every step of the production process, from selecting the best coconuts to cold-pressing and filtering the oil, to ensure that our customers get the purest and freshest product possible.
Here are some reasons why Sri Lankan virgin coconut oil is superior to similar products from elsewhere in the world:
- Rich History: Sri Lanka has a long history of coconut cultivation, and the knowledge and techniques developed over thousands of years have been passed down from generation to generation.
- Ideal Climate: Sri Lanka’s tropical climate is ideal for coconut cultivation, and the country’s coconut groves are known for producing some of the finest coconuts in the world.
- Sustainable and Ethical: Sri Lanka has a strong tradition of sustainable and ethical farming practices, and our virgin coconut oil is produced in accordance with these principles.
- Freshness Guaranteed: We use only the freshest coconuts, and our oil is cold-pressed and filtered to ensure that it retains all of its natural flavor and aroma.
Here are some of the many usages for virgin coconut oil:
- Cooking: Virgin coconut oil is a healthier alternative to other cooking oils and is suitable for high-temperature cooking such as frying, sautéing, and baking.
- Skincare: Virgin coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and can be used as a skin and hair conditioner. It can help reduce dryness, flaking, and itching, and is also effective against fungal infections.
- Oral Health: Oil pulling is a traditional Ayurvedic practice that involves swishing a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil in the mouth for several minutes. This practice can help reduce bad breath, prevent cavities, and promote overall oral health.
- Weight Loss: Some studies have shown that virgin coconut oil can help boost metabolism and aid in weight loss when used in moderation as part of a healthy diet.
- Immune System Support: Virgin coconut oil contains lauric acid, which is converted into monolaurin in the body. Monolaurin has antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties, and can help support the immune system.
Nevin, K.G. & Rajamohan, T. Virgin Coconut Oil Supplementation and Lipid Profile in Diabetic Rats. Food and Function, vol. 4, no. 3, 2013, pp. 479-484.
Agero, A.L. & Verallo-Rowell, V.M. A Randomized Double-Blind Controlled Trial Comparing Extra Virgin Coconut Oil with Mineral Oil as a Moisturizer for Mild to Moderate Xerosis. Dermatitis, vol. 15, no. 3, 2004, pp. 109-116.
Peedikayil, F.C., Sreenivasan, P., & Narayanan, A. Effect of Coconut Oil in Plaque Related Gingivitis – A Preliminary Report. Nigerian Medical Journal, vol. 56, no. 2, 2015, pp. 143-147.
Assunção, M.L., Ferreira, H.S., dos Santos, A.F., Cabral, C.R., & Florêncio, T.M.M.T. Effects of Dietary Coconut Oil on the Biochemical and Anthropometric Profiles of Women Presenting Abdominal Obesity. Lipids, vol. 44, no. 7, 2009, pp. 593-601.
Dayrit, F.M. The Properties of Lauric Acid and Their Significance in Coconut Oil. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society, vol. 92, no. 1, 2015, pp. 1-15.